NEW PERSPECTIVES ON TRANSLANGUAGING AND EDUCATION
• Edited by BethAnne Paulsrud (Dalarna University), Jenny Rosén (Dalarna University), Boglárka Straszer (Dalarna University) and Åsa Wedin (Orebro University)
• Formato: 23.4 x 15.6cm
• Número de páginas: 248
• ISBN: 978-85-64311-57-2
Este livro explora o potencial imenso de “translanguaging” em cenários educacionais e contextos linguísticos variados e considera a necessidade de uma pedagogia para refletir e abraçar a diversidade. Os capítulos apresentam pesquisa empírica rica e documentam as negociações das suas ideologias linguísticas entre professores e alunos nas suas práticas comunicativas diárias.
Assunto: bilinguismo e multilinguismo, educação, estratégias e políticas educacionais, educação multicultural
Tema: bilinguismo e multilinguismo, educação, estratégias e políticas educacionais
This book explores the immense potential of translanguaging in various educational settings and language contexts and considers the need for pedagogy to reflect and embrace diversity. Chapters provide rich empirical research and document teachers and students negotiating language ideologies in their everyday communicative practices.
ADICIONAR AO CARRINHO
Table of Contents
- 1. Angela Creese: Translanguaging as an Everyday Practice
- 2. BethAnne Paulsrud, Jenny Rosén, Boglárka Straszer and Åsa Wedin: Perspectives on
Translanguaging in Education
- 3. Carla Jonsson: Translanguaging and Ideology: Moving Away From a Monolingual Norm
- 4. Jenny Rosén: Spaces for Translanguaging in Swedish Education Policy
- 5. Joke Dewilde: Multilingual Young People as Writers in a Global Age
- 6. Susan Hopewell: Pedagogies to Challenge Monolingual Orientations to Bilingual Education in the United States
- 7. Karin Allard and Åsa Wedin: Translanguaging and Social Justice: The Case of Education for Immigrant Persons Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- 8. Latisha Mary and Andrea S. Young: From Silencing To Translanguaging: Turning the Tide to Support Emergent Bilinguals in Transition from Home to Pre-School
- 9. Boglárka Straszer: Translanguaging Space and Spaces for Translanguaging: A Case Study of a
Finnish-Language Pre-School in Sweden
- 10. Kirsten Rosiers: Unravelling Translanguaging: The Potential of Translanguaging as a Scaffold among Teachers and Pupils in Superdiverse Classrooms in Flemish Education
- 11. Anna Slotte and Maria Ahlholm: Negotiating Concepts and the Role of Translanguaging
- 12. Jeanette Toth and BethAnne Paulsrud: Agency and Affordance in Translanguaging for Learning: Case Studies from English-Medium Instruction in Swedish Schools
- 13. Natalia Ganuza and Christina Hedman: Ideology Vs. Practice: Is There A Space For Pedagogical Translanguaging In Mother Tongue Instruction?
- Epilogue: BethAnne Paulsrud, Jenny Rosén, Boglárka Straszer and Åsa Wedin
BethAnne Paulsrud is Postdoctoral Researcher at the Centre for Research on Bilingualism at Stockholm University, Sweden. Her research interests include multilingualism and language policy in education, English-medium instruction and linguistic ethnography.
Jenny Rosén is Assistant Professor in Language Education at Stockholm University, Sweden, and her research interests include multilingualism in educational settings, diversity and identity.
Boglárka Straszer is Assistant Professor in Swedish as a Second Language, Dalarna University, Sweden, and her research interests include multilingualism in various immigrant and minority language settings, language attitudes and identity.
Åsa Wedin is Professor in Educational Work at Dalarna University, Sweden, and her research interests include literacy and multilingualism.
GLOBAL ACADEMIC PUBLISHING – Policies, Perspectives and PedagogiesR$103,00
POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY IN SLAR$142,00
ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING IN SOUTH AMERICA – Policy, Preparation and PracticesR$93,00
LEARNING FOREIGN LANGUAGES IN PRIMARY SCHOOL – Research InsightsR$106,00
PREPARING TEACHERS TO TEACH ENGLISH AS AN INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGER$98,00
TRANSLANGUAGING IN HIGHER EDUCATION – Beyond Monolingual IdeologiesR$91,00